Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using COMSOL with Matlab Automation Server

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I was trying to run COMSOL 3.5a with the matlab -automation option which would instead run a matlab automation server wiht COMSOL. To do this, I tried changing right-clicking the COMSOL 3.5a with MATLAB short-cut -> Properties and then changing the Target from
"C:\COMSOL35a\bin\comsol.exe matlab multiphysics"
to
C:\COMSOL35a\bin\comsol.exe matlab -automation multiphysics

I checked the COMSOL Operations and Installation guide and apparently there is no option for doing this.

If I do the same thing using a Matlab shortcut only, I can run the automation server. However, COMSOL requires the path to the root matlab executable file (ie not the shortcut so I can't just add the automation option there).

Was wondering if there was a workaround for this?

Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 23 nov. 2010, 18:03 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Harsh Dhingra

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.