Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

fire modelling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I'm trying to model a fire in Comsol, to ultimately determine the heating of a steel ventilation duct which penetrates through a concrete wall. Up till now I have only tried to model the room and the fire.
I defined the fire as a temperature boundary at the bottom of the room with temperature: 20+345*log10(8*t[min]+1).
Does anybody have another (better) idea to model a fire in Comsol?

thanks.

2 Replies Last Post 26 déc. 2015, 04:31 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 déc. 2010, 10:49 UTC−5
Hi

I havent tried, but from the physical principles, I suppose you should mix conductive and radiative source exchange. Although the radiative issue is often tricky (and highly non-linear)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I havent tried, but from the physical principles, I suppose you should mix conductive and radiative source exchange. Although the radiative issue is often tricky (and highly non-linear) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 8 years ago 26 déc. 2015, 04:31 UTC−5
Hello,

Did you got your fire model working?

It works with convection only or convection and radiation? If applies radiation how you applied that mechanism?

Thank you so much in advance.

Happy new year

Valente Martins
Hello, Did you got your fire model working? It works with convection only or convection and radiation? If applies radiation how you applied that mechanism? Thank you so much in advance. Happy new year Valente Martins

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.