Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol Matlab Interface Questions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have some basic previous exprience with Comsol but I just started using the Comsol Matlab Interface. I;ve been trying to import CT images into the program as my geometry. I looked at the Manual already but I still can't seem to get anything to work in the Interface mode. I tried to see if the proposed example would work (using the already loaded mri images in the matlab database), but the system just seems to crash. What parts should be written in a .m file and what parts should be written in the command line in matlab. Can anyone help me out? A for dummies version on how to import MRI or CT images would be great.

1 Reply Last Post 14 janv. 2011, 17:34 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 janv. 2011, 17:34 UTC−5
Hi

you have a difficult subject there, I have noticed many threads on importing "meshed" geometry on the forum. Some of the reasons are that COMSOL uses higher level geometrical "domains" to define the physics/application mode and not the individual mesh element as many other FEM programmes do.

There are a few third party softwares that transforms meshed geometry into a more compact representation, that is easier to use in COMSOL, check the main COSMOL site.

Try a search on the forum (and do no forget the main site KB)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have a difficult subject there, I have noticed many threads on importing "meshed" geometry on the forum. Some of the reasons are that COMSOL uses higher level geometrical "domains" to define the physics/application mode and not the individual mesh element as many other FEM programmes do. There are a few third party softwares that transforms meshed geometry into a more compact representation, that is easier to use in COMSOL, check the main COSMOL site. Try a search on the forum (and do no forget the main site KB) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.