Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

time depend (comsol 4a AC/DC)?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,

because I'm very new in comsol I have some problem with it:/. I have no idea how to definite time depend equations. I can't find any free tutorial (I suppose I have to buy a book..), but I would like ask somebody for a favor: give me a simple example with time depend equation step-by-step in AC/DC. It can be a simple wire with current I=sin(wt) in 2D or 3D- I need only realise idea to make more advance model. thx.

1 Reply Last Post 22 janv. 2011, 12:30 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 janv. 2011, 12:30 UTC−5
Hi

transient or time dependent solver are "turning-on" the "d/dt" term in COMSOL. Indeed to lear how to use the tool, there ae several books (see the main site") but also excellent courses worth to follow (organised by COMSOL see the main site), you can find tutorials there too, but you have also the model library with good examples to follow, step by step (far better dicumented in current 4.1 than in the early 4.0 version).

But do not forget to model correctly "multi-physics", you still need to understand the multiple physics and this takes some time, but the gain by using COMSOL was unbelievable (until I used it, then it becomes reality ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi transient or time dependent solver are "turning-on" the "d/dt" term in COMSOL. Indeed to lear how to use the tool, there ae several books (see the main site") but also excellent courses worth to follow (organised by COMSOL see the main site), you can find tutorials there too, but you have also the model library with good examples to follow, step by step (far better dicumented in current 4.1 than in the early 4.0 version). But do not forget to model correctly "multi-physics", you still need to understand the multiple physics and this takes some time, but the gain by using COMSOL was unbelievable (until I used it, then it becomes reality ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.