Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

design of microphone using capacitive pressure sensor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.
We are doing a project using comsol 3.5 a to build a 3d model for microphone using capacitive pressure sensor with silicon/porous silicon composite memebrane. can ve get any guidance? or processing steps to develop such a model and analyse it/

4 Replies Last Post 30 janv. 2011, 22:00 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 janv. 2011, 03:26 UTC−5
Hi

check the model library, i.e. the capacitive accelerator sensor o other MEMS devices, ands start repeating these models, then try our own, by adding one physics at the time. I'm sure you will get there ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi check the model library, i.e. the capacitive accelerator sensor o other MEMS devices, ands start repeating these models, then try our own, by adding one physics at the time. I'm sure you will get there ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 janv. 2011, 07:16 UTC−5
HI,
still now we have created three layers stacked one above the other each of dimension(500e-6x500e-6x10e-6).
and on the top layer we have created virtual pores by creating cylinders and subtracting from the cuboid. we are facing problem in setting boundary and subdomain conditions. since this is very new to us we are not able to move further. is there any possibilities of providing processing steps so tat it ll be more helpful for us.
HI, still now we have created three layers stacked one above the other each of dimension(500e-6x500e-6x10e-6). and on the top layer we have created virtual pores by creating cylinders and subtracting from the cuboid. we are facing problem in setting boundary and subdomain conditions. since this is very new to us we are not able to move further. is there any possibilities of providing processing steps so tat it ll be more helpful for us.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 janv. 2011, 09:09 UTC−5
Hi

indeed, corragulated or strucutured layers like the one we have in MEMS are delicate to model, as they require very many mesh elements, and they are mostly "thin films" with very uneven dimensions. Most MEMS FEM tools uses special layer physics for their elements.

COMSOL does not have any, yet, of these pre-cooked ones.
But you have the ability to write them out efficiently within COMSOL in true physics PDE mode (what other tools cannot do).

I really would like to have some of those layers as predefined BC's, but I do not have any pHD student to push on that, and no project to pay me for it, so I'm still in the expectation

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi indeed, corragulated or strucutured layers like the one we have in MEMS are delicate to model, as they require very many mesh elements, and they are mostly "thin films" with very uneven dimensions. Most MEMS FEM tools uses special layer physics for their elements. COMSOL does not have any, yet, of these pre-cooked ones. But you have the ability to write them out efficiently within COMSOL in true physics PDE mode (what other tools cannot do). I really would like to have some of those layers as predefined BC's, but I do not have any pHD student to push on that, and no project to pay me for it, so I'm still in the expectation -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 janv. 2011, 22:00 UTC−5
Hi..
Thanks 4 d support u offered. We ll start working on it. and if we got struck at somewhere we need further help and guidelines.
Hi.. Thanks 4 d support u offered. We ll start working on it. and if we got struck at somewhere we need further help and guidelines.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.