Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

No convergence - Unless I use a constant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I need help with this transistor model I'm working on. I have defined Electrostatics and Transport of Diluted Species. I'm trying to define Space Charge Density for the electrostatics in several subdomains of the transistor to be:

Rho = {-Electron_Concentration * Elementary_Charge}.

Electron_Concentration is the Dependent Variable coming from Transport of Diluted Species. Unless I change the above equation to:

Rho = {-SomeConstantHere * Elementary_Charge}

Then I got this error: "Failed to converge, even when using minimum damping factor."
Using the constant works, but I would like to have a working version with the correct Dependent Variable of electron concentration.

How can I get it done? Should I try Linear Extrusion? Thanks! :)

1 Reply Last Post 1 mars 2011, 21:37 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 mars 2011, 21:37 UTC−5
I had the same problem, but I use the space charge density of an electrolyte so my function looks a bit different.
Did you make sure that the electron concentration has the same variable name in both physics?

Nils
I had the same problem, but I use the space charge density of an electrolyte so my function looks a bit different. Did you make sure that the electron concentration has the same variable name in both physics? Nils

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.