Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Optical Transition in Semiconductor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi;
I am rather new to Comsol and I was hoping you guys could kindly help me get started!
I am trying to model a silicon p-n junction to study the transient drift-diffusion after I optically excite the junction by a Gaussian femtosecond laser pulse.
I have a preliminary model, but the study only shows the transient for the formation of the junction potential (like when you just bring the n-type and p-type together and then the junction forms) and does not show anything about the indirect optical transition and the following processes. I was wondering how I could force the study to start with the fully equilibrated p-n junction which is now being optically excited.
I introduce the pulse by using three Gaussian functions (gb1(x)*gb2(y)*gb3(t)) and then use the f(x,y,t) as my E0 which the only place I can use is E0 in the semiconductor model, which I know is not correct (but I couldn't find any other place to use it)

Thanks a lot,
Abe

0 Replies Last Post 28 mars 2017, 11:00 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ebrahim Najafi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.