Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

evaluation of the time dependent value of variables on a moving point of domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Im doing the simulation of a sessile microdroplet, in level-set and conductive DC medias, which is a transient problem.

I have two fluids, water and oil, seperated by an interface of the droplet. So after I get the results I want to track the value of a variable in a point over my interface which is moving by passing the time, but I don't know how to do it.
Could somebody please help me with that.

Thanks

3 Replies Last Post 15 févr. 2011, 01:08 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 févr. 2011, 15:42 UTC−5
Hi

I'm having some similar problems to define postprocessing points/lines moving along defined by a parameter, in V4 it does not seem to be implemented.

One workaround that smetimes is OK is to define a cut line and track the full line, then read out the position related to the time not always easy nor very elegant, but possible in many cases. Via Matlb I suppose you can read it out with a postinterp() operator in 3.5 and whatever it is now called in V4 (check the LiveLink for Matlab doc)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm having some similar problems to define postprocessing points/lines moving along defined by a parameter, in V4 it does not seem to be implemented. One workaround that smetimes is OK is to define a cut line and track the full line, then read out the position related to the time not always easy nor very elegant, but possible in many cases. Via Matlb I suppose you can read it out with a postinterp() operator in 3.5 and whatever it is now called in V4 (check the LiveLink for Matlab doc) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 févr. 2011, 18:37 UTC−5
Hi,

Thanks for that.
However, Im using Comsol 3.5, but Id be grateful if u wud let me know in case there would be a straight way for that in V. 3.5.
If not I think I will need to follow your approach.

All the best
Hi, Thanks for that. However, Im using Comsol 3.5, but Id be grateful if u wud let me know in case there would be a straight way for that in V. 3.5. If not I think I will need to follow your approach. All the best

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 15 févr. 2011, 01:08 UTC−5
Hi

my first reaction for 3.5a would be do it in Matlab with postinterp()

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi my first reaction for 3.5a would be do it in Matlab with postinterp() -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.