Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PML in solid mechanics, for a nonhomogeneous structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to implement PMLs for my structure:
It is a periodic mesh-like elastic structure, with elastic wave propagating in it, something like the attached picture. The thickness is half of the width of each thin member. And the wavelength of the study is much larger than the width of each thin member.

I am not sure how to implement PMLs for it. I tried solid rectangle but the reflection is strong. I guess it's due to large impedance mismatching of the mesh and the solid rectangle. Then I also tried mesh-like PML, as the white part of the attach figure. It turns out the absorption is still bad.

Anyone knows how to do that?

Many thanks!!

0 Replies Last Post 19 juin 2017, 13:45 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ting-Wei Liu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.