Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Need a help about induction motor geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,
I want to build up a geometry for an induction machine as attached in the following file. I am just a beginner of Comsol's world, so I feel so confused to start with this. I need some suggestions from those who have been experiencing on creating model by using Comsol.
Have a nice day!

9 Replies Last Post 26 juin 2011, 11:09 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 mars 2011, 07:32 UTC−4
Hi Phan Van Tung,

If you has already CAD-data of your geometry and CAD import license, just import it.

I also do on the similar modell. Which version are you using?

regards
akmal
Hi Phan Van Tung, If you has already CAD-data of your geometry and CAD import license, just import it. I also do on the similar modell. Which version are you using? regards akmal

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 mars 2011, 09:03 UTC−4
Hi Akmal Hidayat,

The attached geometry was taken from Motor-CAD package. Do you know that? But I can not export its geometry and import into Comsol after several times.
Which kind of CAD license are u using? Unluckily, I haven't had it so far. Is it possible to make a geometry like that by using CAD in Comsol directly?
Im using version 4.0. Next few weeks, it will be updated to 4.1
Thank you.
Hi Akmal Hidayat, The attached geometry was taken from Motor-CAD package. Do you know that? But I can not export its geometry and import into Comsol after several times. Which kind of CAD license are u using? Unluckily, I haven't had it so far. Is it possible to make a geometry like that by using CAD in Comsol directly? Im using version 4.0. Next few weeks, it will be updated to 4.1 Thank you.

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 mars 2011, 09:11 UTC−4
Hi,

If you have CAD Import Module, you can just import CAD data. More Info

www.comsol.de/products/formats/

there is also a livelink, which allow to work within CAD program and comsol.

Open the tutorial, some shows you how to import or work with livelink. it should be no big deal.

www.comsol.de/products/tutorials/

And wait until you have 4.1, it is alot better.

regards
akmal
Hi, If you have CAD Import Module, you can just import CAD data. More Info http://www.comsol.de/products/formats/ there is also a livelink, which allow to work within CAD program and comsol. Open the tutorial, some shows you how to import or work with livelink. it should be no big deal. http://www.comsol.de/products/tutorials/ And wait until you have 4.1, it is alot better. regards akmal

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 mars 2011, 09:30 UTC−4
Thanks for your quick reply. I think I need to wait for version 4.1 coming. Anyway, what kind of CAD module are u using? Do you have any experience on electric machine modelling?
I am doing a project related to cooling system in a given electric machine, e.g, induction motor. In my opinion, the Heat transfer module should be used to develop. The cooling system is built up using water as a coolant, which is pumbed from outside by an additional module.
Can you give me some advices on how to deal with this work at the starting point of using Comsol?
Thank you so much,
Thanks for your quick reply. I think I need to wait for version 4.1 coming. Anyway, what kind of CAD module are u using? Do you have any experience on electric machine modelling? I am doing a project related to cooling system in a given electric machine, e.g, induction motor. In my opinion, the Heat transfer module should be used to develop. The cooling system is built up using water as a coolant, which is pumbed from outside by an additional module. Can you give me some advices on how to deal with this work at the starting point of using Comsol? Thank you so much,

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 mars 2011, 05:37 UTC−4
hi,

please read this

www.comsol.de/community/forums/general/thread/14054/#p42658

i'm using pro-engineer in some other modell and i'm dealing with electrical machine for about several (6 or maybe 8) month.

it's true, you will need that heat transfer. Tell me what kind of result will you have at the end of your simulation?

i mean, if you only questioning; how cold the cooling water should be or the minimum of cooling water velocity, you dont need to modell the motor (maybe only the outer part of motor). And motor effiiciency to know energy lost that should be cooled by the water. it'S quite easy i think.

but if you need more... happy comsoling... :)

-

hi, please read this http://www.comsol.de/community/forums/general/thread/14054/#p42658 i'm using pro-engineer in some other modell and i'm dealing with electrical machine for about several (6 or maybe 8) month. it's true, you will need that heat transfer. Tell me what kind of result will you have at the end of your simulation? i mean, if you only questioning; how cold the cooling water should be or the minimum of cooling water velocity, you dont need to modell the motor (maybe only the outer part of motor). And motor effiiciency to know energy lost that should be cooled by the water. it'S quite easy i think. but if you need more... happy comsoling... :) -

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 mars 2011, 13:31 UTC−4
I need to investigate thermal distribution in a given electric machine with fluid channels in the housing. Of course, some parameter such as fluid velocity, fluid temperature should be considered carefully in the system. That's why I need to build up a motor geometry with cooling channels. Imagine that there is an additional module that will pumb a certain amount of water with a certain lown temperature throughout such channels in the motor. That's the whole system I need to develop. With your experience in electric machine and comsol usage, can you show some ideas about this?
- should the mode be built up in 2D or 3D? And this has been my problem so far ^^
- electromagnetic is necessary for this case or not?

Thank you
I need to investigate thermal distribution in a given electric machine with fluid channels in the housing. Of course, some parameter such as fluid velocity, fluid temperature should be considered carefully in the system. That's why I need to build up a motor geometry with cooling channels. Imagine that there is an additional module that will pumb a certain amount of water with a certain lown temperature throughout such channels in the motor. That's the whole system I need to develop. With your experience in electric machine and comsol usage, can you show some ideas about this? - should the mode be built up in 2D or 3D? And this has been my problem so far ^^ - electromagnetic is necessary for this case or not? Thank you

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 mars 2011, 13:52 UTC−4
2D should be enough.
electromagnetic is not necessary.

good luck

akmal
2D should be enough. electromagnetic is not necessary. good luck akmal

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 mars 2011, 23:55 UTC−4
Thank you so much for your kind help. I will try more and if i have some problems, I'll ask you more.

Anyway, do you have any idea on how to draw the geometry like in the figure attached? Currently, I try to use Comsol CAD environment but I feel not easy to do it.

Have a nice day!
Thank you so much for your kind help. I will try more and if i have some problems, I'll ask you more. Anyway, do you have any idea on how to draw the geometry like in the figure attached? Currently, I try to use Comsol CAD environment but I feel not easy to do it. Have a nice day!

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 juin 2011, 11:09 UTC−4
Dear all
I am simulating the induction machine
I did the static solution, but once i perform the transient one, the flux goes down from 1.3 T to 0.015 or something around !!!

Is there any idea

regards
Dear all I am simulating the induction machine I did the static solution, but once i perform the transient one, the flux goes down from 1.3 T to 0.015 or something around !!! Is there any idea regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.