Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Need help to do wave propagation input data to aluminium model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Iam arun kannaiyan from IITMadras India.,i did wave propagation(frequency domain) in aluminium plates using comsol (Geom1/PDE, coefficient form(alu)) and for the inputs which have to give the model as tabular format (frequency vs amplitude).,so how can i give in to global expressions or sub domain expressions.I tried it but cant able to solve the problem.I have attached the picture,please check it out and help me out form this problem

Thanks in advance

Regards
Arun Kannaiyan

6 Replies Last Post 22 mars 2011, 07:53 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 mars 2011, 03:48 UTC−4
Hi

I believe you should be able to enter your values into an interpolation function and then call this function in your variable definition.

there are already a few discussions about such approaches on the Forum

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe you should be able to enter your values into an interpolation function and then call this function in your variable definition. there are already a few discussions about such approaches on the Forum -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 mars 2011, 04:13 UTC−4
Thanks for the prompt reply, yes i did as per your suggestion and getting some error,i should look in to more and have attached the document ,i feed the tabular format in functions box and called it in Global global expressions

Thanks for the advice

Regards
Arun Kannaiyan
Thanks for the prompt reply, yes i did as per your suggestion and getting some error,i should look in to more and have attached the document ,i feed the tabular format in functions box and called it in Global global expressions Thanks for the advice Regards Arun Kannaiyan

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 mars 2011, 04:18 UTC−4
Hi

one more thing, you must check how you pass the variables to the function, either explicitly with a "F1(x,y)" or implicitly just "F1". that depends on the settings you have chosen, and I cannot fully remember how it was in 3.5 ;)

The implicit way is the most common in COMSOL, even so common that you forget it's there (and when not) and you generate subtle errors like that

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi one more thing, you must check how you pass the variables to the function, either explicitly with a "F1(x,y)" or implicitly just "F1". that depends on the settings you have chosen, and I cannot fully remember how it was in 3.5 ;) The implicit way is the most common in COMSOL, even so common that you forget it's there (and when not) and you generate subtle errors like that -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 mars 2011, 07:47 UTC−4
I feed the tabular format in functions dialog box and called the functions it in Global global expressions using the variables to the function, implicitly "F1".But iam getting errors,whether i can call the functions in global expression dialog box.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Arun Kannaiyan
I feed the tabular format in functions dialog box and called the functions it in Global global expressions using the variables to the function, implicitly "F1".But iam getting errors,whether i can call the functions in global expression dialog box. Thanks in advance Regards Arun Kannaiyan

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 mars 2011, 07:52 UTC−4
I feed the tabular format in functions dialog box and called the functions it in Global global expressions using the variables to the function, implicitly "F1". i cant able to call the functions in global expression dialog box.
I feed the tabular format in functions dialog box and called the functions it in Global global expressions using the variables to the function, implicitly "F1". i cant able to call the functions in global expression dialog box.

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 mars 2011, 07:53 UTC−4
I feed the tabular format in functions dialog box and called the functions it in Global global expressions using the variables to the function, implicitly "F1". i cant able to call the functions in global expression dialog box. please help me out from this problem

Thanks in advance

Regards
Arun Kannaiyan
I feed the tabular format in functions dialog box and called the functions it in Global global expressions using the variables to the function, implicitly "F1". i cant able to call the functions in global expression dialog box. please help me out from this problem Thanks in advance Regards Arun Kannaiyan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.