Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Power Response in Loudspeaker Model, Acoustics Module

Tom Alexander Solgård

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Does anyone have an idea of how to calculate the Power Response in a Loudspeaker model (for example in the loudspeaker_driver model from the Model library)?

--
MSc. Acoustics using COMSOL for modelling loudspeakers and room acoustics.
no.linkedin.com/pub/tom-alexander-solg%C3%A5rd/27/600/1b3

2 Replies Last Post 12 juin 2012, 10:28 UTC−4
Tom Alexander Solgård

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 juin 2011, 05:40 UTC−4

I think I solved the problem:)

In an axisymmetric model:
Derived values--> Line integration--> choose outer boundaries (not including the axisymmetric boundaries)-->Expression: abs(p)^2/ (acpr.rho*acpr.c)

Remember to check the "Compute surface integral (axial symmetry)" checkbox.

--
MSc. Acoustics using COMSOL for modelling loudspeakers and room acoustics.
no.linkedin.com/pub/tom-alexander-solg%C3%A5rd/27/600/1b3
I think I solved the problem:) In an axisymmetric model: Derived values--> Line integration--> choose outer boundaries (not including the axisymmetric boundaries)-->Expression: abs(p)^2/ (acpr.rho*acpr.c) Remember to check the "Compute surface integral (axial symmetry)" checkbox. -- MSc. Acoustics using COMSOL for modelling loudspeakers and room acoustics. http://no.linkedin.com/pub/tom-alexander-solg%C3%A5rd/27/600/1b3

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 juin 2012, 10:28 UTC−4
Hi Tom Alexander Solgård,

I am pretty new in Comsol. I am more friendly with Matlab and Catt acoustics.

I am working with Comsol Multiphysics version 4.2a.

My goal is to build a room and calculate the impulse response, the transfer function, and also the reverberation time of this room with and without treatment. Hence I would like to couple with a loudspeaker omnidirectional in order to compare the results. My final goal is to implement diffuser and helmhotz resonators in 3D into the ceiling and see what's happening concerning the behavior of the sound.

In another hand I would to figure out the masking threshold problem by different ways.

But first I have to stay focused on only the transfer function, impulse response and RT of the room.

I do not know how to start. Would you have any idea? Would you have something to suggest me?

I am working voluntary for a teacher at Chalmers University on this topic. For me knowledges and experiences image the value of this job.

Thank you very much in advance.

I am looking forward to hearing you soon.

Thibaud LEPORTOIS
Hi Tom Alexander Solgård, I am pretty new in Comsol. I am more friendly with Matlab and Catt acoustics. I am working with Comsol Multiphysics version 4.2a. My goal is to build a room and calculate the impulse response, the transfer function, and also the reverberation time of this room with and without treatment. Hence I would like to couple with a loudspeaker omnidirectional in order to compare the results. My final goal is to implement diffuser and helmhotz resonators in 3D into the ceiling and see what's happening concerning the behavior of the sound. In another hand I would to figure out the masking threshold problem by different ways. But first I have to stay focused on only the transfer function, impulse response and RT of the room. I do not know how to start. Would you have any idea? Would you have something to suggest me? I am working voluntary for a teacher at Chalmers University on this topic. For me knowledges and experiences image the value of this job. Thank you very much in advance. I am looking forward to hearing you soon. Thibaud LEPORTOIS

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.