Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Empty parameter list

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am solving a solid mechanics problem and since it is not working and is nonlinear, I am trying the parametric sweep to increase the body force slowly.

However, I am getting the error Empty parameter list but have no idea what it means and what I did wrong.

If you could shed some light on this, I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks a lot.

2 Replies Last Post 23 mai 2011, 12:56 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 20 mai 2011, 07:47 UTC−4
I don't know anything about the actual physics you are simulating, but at least one thing caught my attention. Your parameter sweep values go from 0 to -200, that is, a negative value. Then, the step size must be -5, not +5, so that the sweep goes into the right direction.
I don't know anything about the actual physics you are simulating, but at least one thing caught my attention. Your parameter sweep values go from 0 to -200, that is, a negative value. Then, the step size must be -5, not +5, so that the sweep goes into the right direction.

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 mai 2011, 12:56 UTC−4
Hi Henrik,

Thank you very much for the help. Indeed that is the error. I have corrected it!

Thanks again, much appreciated!

Haolin
Hi Henrik, Thank you very much for the help. Indeed that is the error. I have corrected it! Thanks again, much appreciated! Haolin

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.