Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I'm trying to find out a suitable port configuration to simulate the performance of a whip antenna flexible mounted on PCB at 868 MHz

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm using the RF module. The stimulous frequency is in the range of the wavelenght. I've tried in 3D and 2D whereas the results where better in 2D. The basic problem is, that most of the solved equatiuons doesn't leave the port itself and only a small part reaches the antenna geometry. I've tried to make a more narrow mesh on the port and I've also tried any possible configuration on normal and lumped ports. Sometimes the result is better and a quarter wavelength can be simulated as best solution too, ok. But if I try to get more precise in geometry form, height and width (below 0,1 mm) , I get various solutions. Therefore I'm looking for a perfect port / mesh configuration. Can anybody help?

0 Replies Last Post 7 juin 2011, 07:01 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Damian Mrugala

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.