Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Extrude around an axis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Can I do a rotational extrusion with COMSOL?

i.e. extrude an object along a path defined as a circle around an axis (but such that each point describes a circle of radius equal to the distance between that point and the axis).

An example would be drawing a circle of on a work plane, then extruding it 360 degrees around an axis to make a torus (I don't want to model a torus, it just serves as an example).

I'm told this is a fairly standard option in other 3D modelling programs such as photoshop extended and rhino - so does COMSOL do this?

Kind regards,
Dominic.

3 Replies Last Post 22 juin 2011, 10:13 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 juin 2011, 08:51 UTC−4
I think what you mean is a revolution?? If it's that, it the button right below "extrude"
I think what you mean is a revolution?? If it's that, it the button right below "extrude"

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 juin 2011, 08:59 UTC−4
Start by drawing an object in a workplane then use the revolve option.
Start by drawing an object in a workplane then use the revolve option.

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 juin 2011, 10:13 UTC−4
Haha, I'm sorry i wasted your time - that should have been obvious.

Thanks very much guys, apologies for the dumb question.
Haha, I'm sorry i wasted your time - that should have been obvious. Thanks very much guys, apologies for the dumb question.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.