Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Integrate over arbitrary closed surface in v4.1

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Does anyone know how to do surface integration over an arbitrary closed surface? I would like to calculate power outflow, but now I have to create the boundary surfaces in my geometry in advance. However I found it is time-consuming and it makes computation time longer due to much much more mesh elements.

So I would like to ask if this postprocessing function is available in v4.1 that I can define any arbitrary surface rather than create them in real geometry? Or how do I do this? (I prefer not to couple with Matlab because it requires a license this way).

Thank you very much. :)

2 Replies Last Post 22 juin 2011, 14:56 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 juin 2011, 14:15 UTC−4
Have you tried creating a dataset of the parametric surface type (Under Results>Datasets)? Then you can compute a derived quantity of the integration type on that dataset.
Have you tried creating a dataset of the parametric surface type (Under Results>Datasets)? Then you can compute a derived quantity of the integration type on that dataset.

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 juin 2011, 14:56 UTC−4
Thank you very much! Jean.

But I still failed to get surface integration for power outflow (emw.nPoav), however I can obtain the surface integration of directional power flow such as emw.Poavx. Is there something that I missed in my modeling? Thank you very much.

Thank you very much! Jean. But I still failed to get surface integration for power outflow (emw.nPoav), however I can obtain the surface integration of directional power flow such as emw.Poavx. Is there something that I missed in my modeling? Thank you very much.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.