Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

data set from excel to comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Is there a way I can load data fiel from excel? There are x,y,z coordinates of line.

Regards,
Susant

1 Reply Last Post 27 juin 2011, 09:38 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 juin 2011, 09:38 UTC−4
I'm not sure of the best way to do what you're trying to accomplish. Looking through some tutorials on geometry modeling and searching the knowledge base may be helpful (see www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/12982/).

I would suggest trying to define it as a "parametric curve" feature (under more primitives). I don't know how you got the points for your excel table, but if it's based on a function you can put it in directly to make the curve or if not you can try importing the points into an interpolation function (under definitions) to use for defining the parametric curve.
I'm not sure of the best way to do what you're trying to accomplish. Looking through some tutorials on geometry modeling and searching the knowledge base may be helpful (see http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/12982/). I would suggest trying to define it as a "parametric curve" feature (under more primitives). I don't know how you got the points for your excel table, but if it's based on a function you can put it in directly to make the curve or if not you can try importing the points into an interpolation function (under definitions) to use for defining the parametric curve.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.