Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to Calculate Surface Current Density on Conductor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All.

I am a newcomer to Comsol. I am currently working on research related to conductor surface gradients and surface current density on AC conductors using AC/DC module, electric current physics and time dependent study on Comsol 5.3.

I have obtained the results of a conductor surface gradient using the formula: sqrt(ec.Ex * ec.Ex+ec.Ey * ec.Ey) in units of V/m.

For surface current density, based on Comsol AC/DC module users guide page 95 is the integration of current density along the width w of the transmission lines. So I use line integration from current density J to calculate surface current density with formula: ec.Jx * nx+ec.Jy * ny in units of A/m

But the results obtained are not as I expected, the results are too large in order A/m, it should be in order nA/m or µA/m I suspect there is an error in using the line integration formula from the current density.

Can you give me a suggestion how to calculate surface current density? Is it correct to use integration from current density J based on Comsol module user guide? Or there are another formula that I can use to calculate surface current density?

I will very grateful if you can help me. Looking forward to hearing your reply and suggestion.

Thank you very much in advance

Best Regards.

Dhika

0 Replies Last Post 3 mars 2019, 10:30 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dhika Pratama

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.