Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error message: Nonlinear solver did not converge.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am building a model using version 4.2, in which a piezoelectric generates fluid movement over a cavity. Each time I compute, is solves at first and then the following error appears:

Nonlinear solver did not converge.
Last time step did not converge.

I have tried increasing the mesh density but I keep getting the same error after some time. It takes longer to appear.

I would really appreciate any help.

Daniel Jaramillo

1 Reply Last Post 3 nov. 2011, 11:25 UTC−4
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 nov. 2011, 11:25 UTC−4
Coarse mesh is only one of many reasons why a nonlinear model does not converge. The model can be ill-posed (wrong loads, boundary conditions), the iterative or segregated part of the solver (if used) can be not converging, or you can be applying the loads too abruptly. In general, try starting with a simpler model and gradually building up the model complexity/nonlinearity.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
Coarse mesh is only one of many reasons why a nonlinear model does not converge. The model can be ill-posed (wrong loads, boundary conditions), the iterative or segregated part of the solver (if used) can be not converging, or you can be applying the loads too abruptly. In general, try starting with a simpler model and gradually building up the model complexity/nonlinearity. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.