Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to solve COMSOL error, " dependent variables are not coupled "?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello. I am trying to model a 3D co planar waveguide and I am basing my model on the 2D version that is done in the following link:

I followed the 2D model step by step making no major changes, yet when i run the computation i get the following error:

The following dependent variables are not coupled to all degrees of freedoms in the model: comp1.A. - Boundaries: 1,3,4,32 - I looked at other forums and tried to change boundary conditions, yet this didn't seem to change anything.

My confusion also arises due to the fact that that I haven't added any dependent variables on the boundaries. Also i do not understand what comp1.A stands for I can't add the model on here, I'm more than happy to send it via email to be analysed. Thank you for your help!

0 Replies Last Post 13 août 2019, 14:19 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Francesco Ghisoni

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.