Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

analyse results, getting data to make graphs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hallo , I need help on how to visualize and analyse results, i took the example from the model library + ACDC module + electrical components + Helmholtz coil

When I look at the results I get the magnetic field generated by this coils, my question is , how do I get the data from only one line going through the Y axis, starting point (0,-1,0) ending point (0,1,0)

I attatch a picture of the graph that I want to get , can comsol generate such a graph or at least give me the data on each point of the line so i can make the graph on my own..

Thanks for your help =)

1 Reply Last Post 26 nov. 2011, 03:41 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 nov. 2011, 03:41 UTC−5
Hi Ricardo

Try a right click on the Result Data Set node (get used to try a right click on all nodes, even when you believe you know them as new items appear depending on how you define the previous ones !) and try a cut line, or an edge etc. Then redirect you plot (line plot probably) onto this "data set"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Ricardo Try a right click on the Result Data Set node (get used to try a right click on all nodes, even when you believe you know them as new items appear depending on how you define the previous ones !) and try a cut line, or an edge etc. Then redirect you plot (line plot probably) onto this "data set" -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.