Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Evaluation of Nusselt Number (Nu) for Natural Convection

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

can someone tell me how to evaluate Nusselt Number Nu, in comsol 4.0a. (there are lot of parameter available in post processing results menus but Nu is not there).

Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post 28 févr. 2012, 06:12 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 janv. 2012, 06:17 UTC−5
Hi

use the formula Nu = h*L/k but you still have the unknown about the "scale length" "L" to use and often too for "h".
You have the same issue with Re, that is why the Reynolds number given in COMSOL is the "Cell Reynolds number" based on the COMSOL internal length variable "h" : the mesh averaged dimension (not be be confused with my flux "h" above

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi use the formula Nu = h*L/k but you still have the unknown about the "scale length" "L" to use and often too for "h". You have the same issue with Re, that is why the Reynolds number given in COMSOL is the "Cell Reynolds number" based on the COMSOL internal length variable "h" : the mesh averaged dimension (not be be confused with my flux "h" above -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 févr. 2012, 06:12 UTC−5
Thanks alot sir

Safeer
Thanks alot sir Safeer

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.