Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Membrane physics containing gas and coupled to solid mechanics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All,

I a trying to develop a simulation involving the nanoindentation of pressurised membranes. My main question here is, has anyone been able to couple solid mechanics (indenter) with membrane physics (pressurised membrane). I was looking through the documentation if I can change solid mechanics into a membrane solution, however, I think it should just be the material definition (i.e. no bending rigidity).

The other part to my query, is that my membrane will contain a gas on the inside. If my membrane is only a line (2D axisymmetric), does anyone have thoughts on how to enclose the confined gas using membrane physics?

any help is appreciated.

Kind regards, Andrew

0 Replies Last Post 14 avr. 2020, 00:30 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello T Y

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.