Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help with 'Undefined value found in the stiffness matrix' error!

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to build a model that first constructs a temperature field, and then uses that temperature in a second study that has a temperature dependent viscoelasticity. The end result I'm hoping for is a time and temperature dependent displacement. I have been using the library model 'viscoelastic_tube' as a guide.

However, when I try and run the second study I get the following error:

Undefined value found.
- Detail: Undefined value found in the stiffness matrix.
• There are 111 equations giving NaN/inf in the matrix rows for the variable mod1.solid.qPHIPHI1
at coordinates...
• There are 111 equations giving NaN/inf in the matrix rows for the variable mod1.solid.qRR1
at coordinates...
• There are 111 equations giving NaN/inf in the matrix rows for the variable mod1.solid.qRZ1
at coordinates...
and similarly for the degrees of freedom, Nan/Inf in the matrix columns.
- Feature: Time Dependent Solver 1(sol2/t1)
- Error: Undefined value found

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

James.

1 Reply Last Post 16 avr. 2012, 04:03 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello James Hickey

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 avr. 2012, 04:03 UTC−4
Hi!

I'm facing the same problem with a Heat Transfer / fluid flow Problem. Did you find the error in the meantime?

Thanks to anyone who can help,

Stefan
Hi! I'm facing the same problem with a Heat Transfer / fluid flow Problem. Did you find the error in the meantime? Thanks to anyone who can help, Stefan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.