Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

animation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone
I have solved a 2D time dependent ALE mesh with a moving body. I want to create a movie with the body moving with respect to time. I want to show the initial position of the body through out the movie, so that we can know the displacement at any time.
Is it possible (like deformaton in fsi) to include initial position in the background during animation?

Thanks a lot

Siva Kumar

3 Replies Last Post 28 févr. 2012, 03:44 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 févr. 2012, 02:19 UTC−5
Hi

something like this ? Its not very clear (Plot Surface Quality Wireframe, smooting none + mesh at t=0

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi something like this ? Its not very clear (Plot Surface Quality Wireframe, smooting none + mesh at t=0 -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 févr. 2012, 02:31 UTC−5
Thanks Dr.Ivar
Actually, as you can see in the screen shot, at t=0 the solid body is at (0,0) and in due course of time, the rigid body is moving due to flapping (ALE prescribed motion). I want to compare the original position with the moving one (like fsi deformation where we have the reference original to see how much it is deflected).

When I veiwed it in 'geometry' frame, both initial and instantaneous positions are visible. I am not sure this is correct one..

With regards
Siva
Thanks Dr.Ivar Actually, as you can see in the screen shot, at t=0 the solid body is at (0,0) and in due course of time, the rigid body is moving due to flapping (ALE prescribed motion). I want to compare the original position with the moving one (like fsi deformation where we have the reference original to see how much it is deflected). When I veiwed it in 'geometry' frame, both initial and instantaneous positions are visible. I am not sure this is correct one.. With regards Siva

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 févr. 2012, 03:44 UTC−5
Hi

if it was not the mesh you wanted to see, then try to add another surface plot and get the material frame pourtour at t=0 up on your screen that should leave the original "shadow"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if it was not the mesh you wanted to see, then try to add another surface plot and get the material frame pourtour at t=0 up on your screen that should leave the original "shadow" -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.