Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D turbulent couette flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello everybody, I am trying to simulate 3D coutte flow under laminar and turbulent conditions . The upper plate moves with 0.049 m/s in laminar and 0.49 m/s for turbulent and the same but negative velocity direction for the lower plate.

For the laminar case I got the correct velocity profile for u (velocity component in x- direction).In the turbulent case, the velocity distrbution looks like ok but the values of the u doesn't look correct to me. At y=0(lower plate position ) and y=5mm (upper plate position) I was expecting velocity values of 0.49 m/s (Boundry condition of moving plate are +- 0.49 m/s) but the results showed only u with 50% of this input velocity value. I tried to solve with different mesh size but always I got the same velocty vlaues.

Any one could explain why is that ?

1 Reply Last Post 19 mars 2012, 03:30 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 mars 2012, 03:30 UTC−4
If you can post ur file, then the problem can be better understood, as sometimes it might be due to the definitions and boundary conditions
If you can post ur file, then the problem can be better understood, as sometimes it might be due to the definitions and boundary conditions

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.