Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

MEMS:Microgripper

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have considered a default model in comsol , a microgripper and tried to improve it.
As i modified the geometry and simulated it, an error occurred

the simulation is complete but the opening never closes as it has to close for gripping purpose.

Vineet Bansal
Project Associate, NPMASS
Electronic Science Department
Kurukshetra University, Haryana

1 Reply Last Post 9 déc. 2012, 00:30 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Vineet

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 déc. 2012, 00:30 UTC−5
Hi Vineet,

As you are working on default micro gripper model.I need your help in that.
The thing is why it is said to apply 6000 Volt to make the contact of arms.
I mean normally available micro grippers in the market work at 5 V .
Thanks.
Hi Vineet, As you are working on default micro gripper model.I need your help in that. The thing is why it is said to apply 6000 Volt to make the contact of arms. I mean normally available micro grippers in the market work at 5 V . Thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.