Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Start-up crash due to change of Rendering options

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I know this kind of subject has been posted before but I cannot find any solution. I am running COMSOL 4.1 on a laptop with GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT540M. As a lot of other users I had problems with the transparency feature of the Graphics Window. So I tried to change the rendering options from OpenGL to DirectX (I didn't want to put Software Rendering). Obviously I did something wrong, because since then COMSOL is crashing upon start-up and a log file appears stating that:

#JRE version: 6.0_20-b02
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (16.3-b01 mixed mode windows-amd64 )
# Problematic frame:
# C [flgraphics_swt_dx9.dll+0x1f27c]

I re-installed COMSOL, I restored my whole system previous to the first installation but nothing...

So the question is how can I change the rendering settings without starting the software? Or something like that?

Thanks for any response!

1 Reply Last Post 2 avr. 2012, 05:03 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2 avr. 2012, 05:03 UTC−4

The search term 'rendering' gives you this:

www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/933/

If OpenGL rendering does not work and you are not satisfied with the performance of the software rendering you can try and use the DirectX renderer. Switch renderer in the Graphics category in the Preference dialog box on the Options menu. You can also force COMSOL Multiphysics to use a certain renderer by using a parameter to the command used to start:

comsol -3drend ogl (will start with OpenGL rendering)
comsol -3drend dx9 (will start with DirectX rendering)
comsol -3drend sw (will start with software rendering)

Cheers
Edgar

The search term 'rendering' gives you this: http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/933/ If OpenGL rendering does not work and you are not satisfied with the performance of the software rendering you can try and use the DirectX renderer. Switch renderer in the Graphics category in the Preference dialog box on the Options menu. You can also force COMSOL Multiphysics to use a certain renderer by using a parameter to the command used to start: comsol -3drend ogl (will start with OpenGL rendering) comsol -3drend dx9 (will start with DirectX rendering) comsol -3drend sw (will start with software rendering) Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.