Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Running multiple processes in cluster nodes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I have one (split) question about running Comsol 4.1 in a Linux cluster. My model is simple with a large number of parameters to sweep. Therefore it would be most time-efficient to use only 1 core / process and start N (N=number of processor cores) processes / cluster node. However, I have only managed to start 1 process / node.

1) Is it possible to start more than one Comsol process in each cluster node (with using only one Comsol license)?

2) Is it possible to restrict Comsol to use only 1 core for each parameter step, and run N steps simultaneously in one Comsol process started in each cluster node?

I'd appreciate your help on the matter!
-Tuomas

1 Reply Last Post 30 nov. 2012, 05:49 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tuomas

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 nov. 2012, 05:49 UTC−5
Hi tuomas, If you are still interested in an answer, let me know
Hi tuomas, If you are still interested in an answer, let me know

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.