Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Where there are two similar domains? in comsol 4.2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
I just created a solid use Block, and created 1600 smaller cylinders inside the block. When I mesh the global model. COMSOL 4.2 gave me an information that the model have two similar block domains. And they cann't be meshed.
Are there anyone can help me out of it?
Thank you very much!!

Baofeng

2 Replies Last Post 17 mai 2012, 11:57 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 mai 2012, 02:10 UTC−4
Hi

meshing algorithm are far from trivial, and it's rather easy to make a topology hardly meshable, even if in our own mind it's simple.

Often you must "help" the mesher, by manually meshing some parts, or cut up your geometry such that its easier to handle.

You could try a manual meshing by selecting frsat the small parts, and then the surrounding, by then starting rather coarse with the surrounding, and gently increasing the density until it converges and yoursystem get fully meshed

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi meshing algorithm are far from trivial, and it's rather easy to make a topology hardly meshable, even if in our own mind it's simple. Often you must "help" the mesher, by manually meshing some parts, or cut up your geometry such that its easier to handle. You could try a manual meshing by selecting frsat the small parts, and then the surrounding, by then starting rather coarse with the surrounding, and gently increasing the density until it converges and yoursystem get fully meshed -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 mai 2012, 11:57 UTC−4
Dear Ivar,
Thank you very much for your so kind help. I will try it again!
Dear Ivar, Thank you very much for your so kind help. I will try it again!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.