Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with save file

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm very new in COMSOL, I'm sorry in case of stupid questions.

I installed COMSOL 4.2a in windows7 with a floating license, I'm trying just to open an example and then to save in a work directory (on a different hard disk) , even without any modification. I get that COMSOL crash (the window becomes white with the message COMSOL stop working, windows is looking for solution bla bla bla).
Additional information: even if the OS is 64 bit, I'm oblige to use the 32 bit version of the program since for the 64 version the program starts (I can see the splash), but immeditely stops without any message.

Thanks,

Gianluca

1 Reply Last Post 12 juin 2012, 07:22 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 juin 2012, 07:22 UTC−4
Hi

try contacting "support" for such issues,

I have also had periods with a similar behaviour, it seems that sometimes Windows decides that COMSOL, once it has crashed once or twice, is not to trust and bloks it, I have still not found the windows "black list" and how to clear it.
Last time I createed an another user on my PC logged in and run COMSOL (there it ran), open a model library example saved it into a dymmy file and exit COMSOL, then logget out and bak into my account and suddenly it worked again ;)
I'm also running Win7-64.
I have tried to delete the java temp region, the user .comsol no effect, anyhow the error log Java tells there is something wrong with the windows ntdll.dll image, while windows and all other programms are still happy.

I hope it will not reappear when I get 4.3 ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi try contacting "support" for such issues, I have also had periods with a similar behaviour, it seems that sometimes Windows decides that COMSOL, once it has crashed once or twice, is not to trust and bloks it, I have still not found the windows "black list" and how to clear it. Last time I createed an another user on my PC logged in and run COMSOL (there it ran), open a model library example saved it into a dymmy file and exit COMSOL, then logget out and bak into my account and suddenly it worked again ;) I'm also running Win7-64. I have tried to delete the java temp region, the user .comsol no effect, anyhow the error log Java tells there is something wrong with the windows ntdll.dll image, while windows and all other programms are still happy. I hope it will not reappear when I get 4.3 ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.