Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

In parametric solver, trying to obtain the sum of electric field distribution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am doing a simulation of solar cell. So I have a case of an incident light and some nanostrcture. Parametric solver is a perfect tool to make me constrcture sun light. I will use 'Load parameter values from file' which includes spectrum and absolute power.

The light source comes from a boundary with H0z or E0z. My first question is which parameter I can refer as power or intensity of incident light, such as boundary 6. I don't know how to put a right parameter name in parametric solver.

2nd question is how to get the summation of result of each wavelength without considering interference?

1 Reply Last Post 5 mai 2010, 09:12 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shu-Te Ho

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 mai 2010, 09:12 UTC−4
You can set a dummy variables for the wave length and the intensity (say Lambda and Intensity) changing in the parametric solver by inputing that directly in the parametric solver inputs as
Lambda Intensity
and the the corresponding values that you want to sweep over
lambda intensity lambda intensity lambda intensity ...
e.g. 350e-9 1 355e-9 0.95 ....
Also don't forget to set these values in your model to their correspomding fields.

Regards
You can set a dummy variables for the wave length and the intensity (say Lambda and Intensity) changing in the parametric solver by inputing that directly in the parametric solver inputs as Lambda Intensity and the the corresponding values that you want to sweep over lambda intensity lambda intensity lambda intensity ... e.g. 350e-9 1 355e-9 0.95 .... Also don't forget to set these values in your model to their correspomding fields. Regards

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.