Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Metal melting simulation.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to simulate the melting of metal (Cu) using the Heat transfer module.
I have already done phase changes from solid to liquid (melting point) like as Continuous Casting model.
Could you help me please with phase changes from liquid to gas phase (boiling point), like this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG_cNZt3ZAY

What module and logic are used in this video to do evaporation of material?

Thanks,
James

1 Reply Last Post 10 oct. 2012, 20:10 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jay

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 oct. 2012, 20:10 UTC−4
Hi James,

Will u please help me for simulating solid to liquid phase transformation in COMSOL,
Hi James, Will u please help me for simulating solid to liquid phase transformation in COMSOL,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.