Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inserting Nodal Data from a Surface Plot in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello COMSOL research community,

I am trying to insert nodal data from a surface plot into a new COMSOL model. I have already exported the nodal data from the original model using the "Export - Plots in Results" functionality in COMSOL. The nodal data represents a 2D surface plot with co-ordinates and intensity values.

My question is how can I insert this nodal data into a new COMSOL model? Specifically, how can I assign a variable to this data and use it to define material property in the new model?

I would appreciate any suggestions or guidance on how to accomplish this. Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards, Nived

2 Replies Last Post 13 avr. 2023, 17:07 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 13 avr. 2023, 14:40 UTC−4

Hello Nived,

Is there a particular reason for exporting the data from one model file only to import it into another, rather than performing the entire analysis in a single model file? It is the easier way to go, when possible.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Nived, Is there a particular reason for exporting the data from one model file only to import it into another, rather than performing the entire analysis in a single model file? It is the easier way to go, when possible. Best, Jeff

Posted: 1 year ago 13 avr. 2023, 17:07 UTC−4

Hi Jeff, Thank you for your reply.

I am currently working on a stationary study of the mfnc module in COMSOL. My goal is to insert different material properties, specifically different BH curves to different nodes, in a single domain. These different material properties are a result of a previous model of the same geometry and mesh. My idea is to extract the nodal data of the particular variable representing the BH curve and re-insert this into my materials. As the BH curve is different at different locations, each node would represent a different BH curve. Ultimately, I need a material which has different BH curves at different locations.

However, I am uncertain if this is possible to achieve in COMSOL. Can provide guidance on how to implement this? I appreciate any input or suggestions on this topic.

Best Regards, Nived

Hi Jeff, Thank you for your reply. I am currently working on a stationary study of the mfnc module in COMSOL. My goal is to insert different material properties, specifically different BH curves to different nodes, in a single domain. These different material properties are a result of a previous model of the same geometry and mesh. My idea is to extract the nodal data of the particular variable representing the BH curve and re-insert this into my materials. As the BH curve is different at different locations, each node would represent a different BH curve. Ultimately, I need a material which has different BH curves at different locations. However, I am uncertain if this is possible to achieve in COMSOL. Can provide guidance on how to implement this? I appreciate any input or suggestions on this topic. Best Regards, Nived

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.