Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

list of variable names that COMSOL uses

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I've been looking around but haven't been able to find a list anywhere of names (like N_A, k_B, g, etc.) that COMSOL already associates with certain values. Since it doesn't actually warn you about these interferences, it's always annoying to try to track down possible conflicts.

Does anyone know of such a list? The "physical constants" help file includes some, but not all.

I try to use longer names to avoid the possibility of conflict, but with a lot of variables that gets difficult to check quickly, so if there were such a list of names to avoid that would be quite helpful.

Thank you,

1 Reply Last Post 17 oct. 2012, 14:01 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 oct. 2012, 14:01 UTC−4
Hi

you have partly the variabes described in the latest doc 4.3a, but you can also find the list in the "equation view" (options preferences show) and if you have livelink to matlab there is a nice variable editor / search functionality, should love that in the GUI to search for locations of my variables ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have partly the variabes described in the latest doc 4.3a, but you can also find the list in the "equation view" (options preferences show) and if you have livelink to matlab there is a nice variable editor / search functionality, should love that in the GUI to search for locations of my variables ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.