Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

General extrusion of field from parametric sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am facing a problem with the general extrusion operator : I want to use it in order to repeat a potential field in space, because my geometry is periodic exactly the same way as suggested in this blog post : https://www.comsol.fr/blogs/using-general-extrusion-operators-to-model-periodic-structures/

It worked very well for a solution from a static study, but when I repeat my stationnary step in a parametric sweep (even without geometry modification) and when I call the extruded field in graphics (from the parametric solution), it is displayed only in one geometric period.

I do not receive any error message from the software so may be the extrusion is still working well and it is a problem of graphs ?

I already tried to force displaying for one parametric solution in particular with the withsol operator but the problem is the same : the extruded field is not displayed entirely (only in one geometry unit).

Thanks for help by advance

Nicolas

0 Replies Last Post 23 mai 2023, 09:42 UTC+2
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nicolas Ruyssen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.