Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to include the saturation concentration of a species in a domain?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am currently using the transport of diluted species physics to look at oxygen diffusion in my model. It is composed of different domains that should have different oxygen saturation levels. How can I include these saturation levels in my model? Is there a way to set a maximum concentration level in a domain?

I have already tried to force a concentration on a boundary using the concentration node with an "if" statement, but that seems to mess up my simulation.

Thanks in advance, Guillaume

1 Reply Last Post 23 juil. 2023, 15:33 UTC−4
Amin Kazemi Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Toronto

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 months ago 23 juil. 2023, 15:33 UTC−4
Updated: 9 months ago 23 juil. 2023, 21:00 UTC−4

I'm not sure if this works but can you try setting the diffusivity coefficient to zero if the concentration exceeds the saturation value in each subdomain? For example, if the diffisivity coefficint in domain 1 is 1e-9 m^2/s and the saturation coefficint is 7 mol/m3 you may use:

D = 1e-9 * (c<7)

I'm not sure if this works but can you try setting the diffusivity coefficient to zero if the concentration exceeds the saturation value in each subdomain? For example, if the diffisivity coefficint in domain 1 is 1e-9 m^2/s and the saturation coefficint is 7 mol/m3 you may use: D = 1e-9 * (c

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.