Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to avoid preordering in direct solvers

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When Comsol solves the linear system Ax=B it applies an algorithm to reduce the bandwidth of the matrix A.

Does someone know how to prevent this to happen?

I'm using LiveLink and of course I'm aware about the property "Pardrreorder", but even if I set this OFF the preordering algorithm runs. Actually I'm not even sure if this property of the linear solver is able to avoid the preordering (in the manual is not clearly stated in my opinion).

Someone has experience in this matter of further releases of Comsol?

Thank you,
Mattia

0 Replies Last Post 9 nov. 2012, 06:25 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mattia Montanari

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.