Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing of multilayered Hemispherical 3-D geometry and Time dependant heat flux at the boundary

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Sir,

I am trying to simulate a 3D tissue model, which is hemispherical in shape. I am imposing a sinusoidal heat flux on the top curved surface of hemisphere. After solving the transient bio heat equation, I am converting the same in ‘avi’ format for further image processing in MATLAB. But, the problem is that the image frames at each time step appears in patches on the surface (spatial contrast) of irradiated boundary. It is not continuous over the surface of irradiation in case of curved face case when compared to flat face case. I am attaching the images of first few time steps. I am not sure whether the patches are because of meshing or because the heat flux is not uniformly distributed over the curved surface. I am attaching the images of the simulation for your understanding. I will be grateful for your kind advice.

Thanking You

Arka Bhowmik

1 Reply Last Post 3 déc. 2012, 07:08 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 3 déc. 2012, 07:08 UTC−5
Hi,

what is the amplitude of those spatial variations relative to the average value?

Cheers
Edgar
Hi, what is the amplitude of those spatial variations relative to the average value? Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.