Permanent magnet_Failed to find a solution-Reg

Sambasivarao Kambala Non-destructive testing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all, This is Siva. Recently started COMOL (6.0 version) for 2D modelling of the permanent magnet field distributions inside the ferrites and magnetic materials. I was able to define : 1. Geometry 2. Materials (air, soft iron) 3. Physics (magnetic fields, no currents) 4. Mesh well 5. While computing the model I got the following error The relative error (0.018) is greater than the relative tolerance. There was a warning message from the linear solver. Iterative refinement triggered. Returned solution is not converged. Not all parameter steps returned.

I tried all possible ways but i couldn't succeed. I have attached the model. Kindly help me the same. Looking forward to your kind reply.

Thanks & Regards, Siva

4 Replies Last Post 25 janv. 2024, 09:41 UTC−5
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 months ago 24 janv. 2024, 12:31 UTC−5

Hi Siva,

assign a Zero Magnetic Scalar Potential BC to one of the points in your model and it will converge.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi Siva, assign a Zero Magnetic Scalar Potential BC to one of the points in your model and it will converge. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 3 months ago 24 janv. 2024, 13:12 UTC−5

Hi Edgar J. Kaiser, Thanks for your quick reply and suggestion.

**Is it under magnetic field, no currents --> initial values? If the above one is correct, then in my model it is 0 only. **

Otherwise please let me know where to change these values. Looking forward to your kind reply.

Thanks & Regards, Siva

Hi Edgar J. Kaiser, Thanks for your quick reply and suggestion. **Is it under magnetic field, no currents --> initial values? If the above one is correct, then in my model it is 0 only. ** Otherwise please let me know where to change these values. Looking forward to your kind reply. Thanks & Regards, Siva

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 months ago 24 janv. 2024, 13:26 UTC−5

You must add an additional BC. You find it under the 'Points' BCs.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
You must add an additional BC. You find it under the 'Points' BCs.

Posted: 3 months ago 25 janv. 2024, 09:41 UTC−5

Thank you very much Edgar J. Kaiser for your kind suggestions. Its working now.

Thank you very much Edgar J. Kaiser for your kind suggestions. Its working now.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.