mph file size

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All I have a query about the size of my mpg file. My 3D geometry comprises of magnetic field physics with three homogenised multiturn coils, each with 16 turns. These three coils are connected using electrical circuit physics. I used 100 samples of time domain simulation with a range of 1 to 100 ms each. The model has been created using a finer mesh option. Although the model is not particularly complex, it took 36 hours to finish the simulation on an i5 CPU, 16 GB RAM machine, and the total size of the simulated file is 9 GB. Can someone explain why the model is taking so much time and space? For reference, I have included a png file.

1 Reply Last Post 31 janv. 2024, 19:36 UTC−5
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 months ago 31 janv. 2024, 19:36 UTC−5
Updated: 3 months ago 31 janv. 2024, 19:36 UTC−5

We can say very little without looking at your file. And if you have problems with it being large you will want to reduce the file size according to the instructions below before posting.

A guess is that the number of mesh elements is very large. It may be possible to reduce the number by clever (i.e., not default) meshing. But then, without looking at the file we can't say.

We can say very little without looking at your file. And if you have problems with it being large you will want to reduce the file size according to the instructions below before posting. A guess is that the number of mesh elements is very large. It may be possible to reduce the number by clever (i.e., not default) meshing. But then, without looking at the file we can't say.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.