Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inserting array in comsol model struct

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I wanted to solve 2D Poisson's equation in a structure and for this, I need to update position dependent concentration array/matrix (rho) in the model. What is the syntax of using external function/inserting processed matrix in comsol field?

I know the process for 1D problem. For example, to insert a position dependent array in the field " equ.f " of Poisson solver model (classical PDE>Poisson's equation), I use the following syntax:

equ.f = {{'getRho(x)'}};

Here, getRho(x) is a user defined external matlab function whose work is just to interpolate the data in finite element space.

for example: the user defined function getRho(x) definition:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
function y=getRho(x)

% Load device information: 'zi' is finite difference grid points and 'rho' is the array of values at those points
load device 'zi' 'rho'

% Interpolating for FEM space and returning
y=interp1(zi,rho,x,'nearest');
----------------------------------------------------------------------

As a result, the position dependent processed concentration data are fed to comsol field: equ.f.

I want a similar process of inserting 2D position dependent concentration data into the field: equ.f.

Can someone please help me?

0 Replies Last Post 20 déc. 2012, 15:33 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rizvi Ahmed

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.