Flow Uniformity in microfluidics channels using optimization function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to use the parameter optimization function on comsol to optimize the width of four channels. The goal is to achieve uniform flow rate by varrying the resistance of the channels.

I added boundary probe for spf.u at an equal distance from the outlet and set these boudary probes as the objective functions. Since the objective function doesn't allow a contant value I set the variable for all the boundary probes as such (comp1.bnd1-1e-2)^2. Then I added the pre-defined width parameters (W1-W4) in the control variables and parameters section.

I ran the optimization function using Nelder-Mead method, with minimization function. The width of the channels marginally changed, but it did not achieve uniformity like I expected.

Does anyone know how to correctly set-up the objective function to have all the boundary probes have the exact same value?

Thank you

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.