Issue with Image Resolution When Exporting from COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on my thesis and need to export high quality images of my COMSOL model. However, whenever I save the images, the resolution seems too low, and the details are not clear enough for publication. I've tried adjusting the settings and I used some online application such as Jpeg compressor and others but haven't had much success.

Has anyone encountered this issue before, and can you suggest the best way to export high-resolution images from COMSOL?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies Last Post 19 mai 2024, 03:28 UTC−4
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 weeks ago 18 mai 2024, 18:20 UTC−4

I have no difficulty expoerting publication-suitable images using a sufficiently large size (I usually use 1200 x 800 pixels).

Comsol images (which are closer to line art than photographs) are best exported as .png in order to avoid jpeg artifacts and/ or excessive file sizes.

I have no difficulty expoerting publication-suitable images using a sufficiently large size (I usually use 1200 x 800 pixels). Comsol images (which are closer to line art than photographs) are best exported as .png in order to avoid jpeg artifacts and/ or excessive file sizes.

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 weeks ago 19 mai 2024, 03:28 UTC−4

Could it be that your data is noisy, e.g. due to a coarse mesh and maybe low order (linear) discretization? In that case high image resolution doesn't help.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Could it be that your data is noisy, e.g. due to a coarse mesh and maybe low order (linear) discretization? In that case high image resolution doesn't help.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.