Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Impedance plane for eddy current probes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I modeled an eddy current probe AC/DC module, axial symmetry 2D, Quasi-static, time-harmonic analysis. I checked my model using a gaussmeter in a real probe and the answer of COMSOL was very close to the measurements in the gaussmeter, but now I'm trying to make the impedance plane of my probe. Does anyone know how can I do that using COMSOL? I mean, there is a way I can extract the inductive reactance (XL) and the resistance (R) of COMSOL. I'm attaching my model.

Thanks,

Cesar

2 Replies Last Post 12 juil. 2010, 15:09 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Cesar Camerini

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 juin 2010, 14:29 UTC−4
Hello !

Did you manage to do so ?

Because, i'm actually trying to modelize a helmholtz coil, with a steel bar inside (with a crack on it), and I want to see the effects of the presence of the bar's crack on the impedance plane.

So I wanted to know if you managed to have R and X, and if you could help me if yes ?

Thanks in advance.

E.D.
Hello ! Did you manage to do so ? Because, i'm actually trying to modelize a helmholtz coil, with a steel bar inside (with a crack on it), and I want to see the effects of the presence of the bar's crack on the impedance plane. So I wanted to know if you managed to have R and X, and if you could help me if yes ? Thanks in advance. E.D.

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 juil. 2010, 15:09 UTC−4
Sorry Ernest, but I didn't have success on my impedance plane.
Sorry Ernest, but I didn't have success on my impedance plane.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.