Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

large 3D electromagnetic problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have to simulate a 3D electromagnetic model, the wavelength is 400nm, the dimension of the model is 1um*1.5um*3um cuboid. of curse it has different layers in this cuboid, let's say it has 3 layers with refractive index respectively, 1.5, 2, 4.

I used the GMRES together with geometric multigrid preconditioner. but it didn't converge.

does anyone have some experiences in modeling 3D optical device?? Can you give me some suggestions?

Regards

Honghui

6 Replies Last Post 5 mai 2010, 09:18 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 avr. 2010, 03:56 UTC−4
Any success yet? In a few days time, I am also going to start working on 3D problems and would then need to figure out a way with iterative solvers.

Thanks
Any success yet? In a few days time, I am also going to start working on 3D problems and would then need to figure out a way with iterative solvers. Thanks

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 avr. 2010, 04:08 UTC−4
what is your device (solar cell or LED?). Did you checked all of the boundary conditions?
what is your device (solar cell or LED?). Did you checked all of the boundary conditions?

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 avr. 2010, 04:39 UTC−4
It's a solar cell.
as for the boundary condition, I use PMC and PEC because there are some periodic structure.
have you simulated some 3D stuffs?
It's a solar cell. as for the boundary condition, I use PMC and PEC because there are some periodic structure. have you simulated some 3D stuffs?

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 avr. 2010, 04:40 UTC−4
not yet,:(
not yet,:(

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 avr. 2010, 06:22 UTC−4
Hi

do not forget to do a search on the forum several subvjects have already been discussed, you might find good clues there too

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi do not forget to do a search on the forum several subvjects have already been discussed, you might find good clues there too Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 mai 2010, 09:18 UTC−4
I have simulated 3D structures in COMSOL. There are clues and dedicated chapter for 3D RF simulations which i found very helpful in the RF user guide. Maybe you would like to check there as there are plenty of parameters that need to be adjusted for a successful run. If you cannot find helpful info let me know.
I have simulated 3D structures in COMSOL. There are clues and dedicated chapter for 3D RF simulations which i found very helpful in the RF user guide. Maybe you would like to check there as there are plenty of parameters that need to be adjusted for a successful run. If you cannot find helpful info let me know.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.