Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

parameter problem 'para' and darcy's law 'D'

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I have two problems:

1. I want to do a phi-c-reduction in a soil mechanics problem. I want to reduce 2 parameters with increasing solving parameter 'para': c=50[kPa]*(1-para)
What is wrong about this? Inconsistent unit and the solver does not solve the problem.
The problem is solved if I leave c constant and just increase the load as in a normal test.

2. I am using a earth science darcy's law application. There I have to define D for the direction of the acceleration field (i.e. earth gravity). Can I just introduce this as D=-y in the scalar expressions?
And is it ok in a coupled darcy's law and convection/conduction in porous media model to just introduce the velocities from the darcy's law application (u_esdl and v_esdl) into the convection settings in the subdomain settings of the convection/conduction application mode?

Thank you in advance for your efforts!

0 Replies Last Post 5 juin 2010, 08:54 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Stephan Simioni

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.