Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Flux linkage calculation (V3.5a)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there!

I would like to know how do I calculate flux linkage from magnetic vector potential, Az? I came across a paper in user conference 2007 (attached). It gives the equation for flux linkage calculation which can be implemented in COMSOL by subdomain integration. I do not quite understand how to go about it. I would really appreciate if anyone can help me out.

For your information I am modelling a generator.

Your time is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Replies Last Post 21 juin 2010, 20:04 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 17 juin 2010, 10:54 UTC−4
Hi Amissa,

Have you reached any conclusion considering the flux linkage?
I also have the same question!!

Regards!!
Hi Amissa, Have you reached any conclusion considering the flux linkage? I also have the same question!! Regards!!

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 juin 2010, 20:04 UTC−4
Hi there Joao

I seem to get the shape of the flux linkage versus current curve, but I am not too sure whether it is the correct way.
Based on my readings, the 2D problems have only the z component of magnetic potential vector, A.The line integral is taken as the unit depth in z direction. Hence, the line integral between two paths is A1-A2. The total magnetic flux per unit depth between two points is just the difference in vector potential between those two points.

In my case I take the magnetic potential vector across 2 winding and minus them times the length of my machine.

I hope I am reading the correct data..

Thanks.
Hi there Joao I seem to get the shape of the flux linkage versus current curve, but I am not too sure whether it is the correct way. Based on my readings, the 2D problems have only the z component of magnetic potential vector, A.The line integral is taken as the unit depth in z direction. Hence, the line integral between two paths is A1-A2. The total magnetic flux per unit depth between two points is just the difference in vector potential between those two points. In my case I take the magnetic potential vector across 2 winding and minus them times the length of my machine. I hope I am reading the correct data.. Thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.