Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Temperature below 0K

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a (imho) simple problem:

3D instationary heat flux

rectangular solid (1x1x10)

subdomain condition: given Initial temperature T(x,t=0)=T0=0K

boundary conditions: no heat flux on 5 surfaces
given constant temperature on 1 surface (1x1): T(x=0,t)=100K

this problem can be solved analytically (as a 1D problem), but if I do this with comsol, I get an temperature profile, where in the temperature is sometimes below 0K! How can I treat this problem correctly with COMSOL? I think, the problem is the following:

T(x,t=0)<>T(x=0,t) on the surface, where the temperatur is 100K (incompatible inital and boundary conditions)

Should I attache the file?

I'm using version 3.5a

Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post 22 juin 2010, 04:04 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kai Schmitt

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.