Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Patch release?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
does anyone have any idea when Comsol 4.0 is going to receive an update? I have to decide in the next week whether to renew my subscription. Presumably if its more than a week off i wont receive it unless i have paid for another year. At the minute 4.0 shows some promise but has some small problems and little documentation.

Regards,
Adam

2 Replies Last Post 22 juin 2010, 07:56 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 juin 2010, 05:27 UTC−4
Sorry, when i mean patch release I mean Comsol 4.1, and i expect that is some way off

Adam
Sorry, when i mean patch release I mean Comsol 4.1, and i expect that is some way off Adam

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 juin 2010, 07:56 UTC−4
Hi

the best is to ask your local rep, just having us other mention what we think is probably not really useful. To me, they have explained that a 4.0a will come soon, 4.1 this autumn, for me this is sufficient.

Support/maintenance is not only new releases, its also access to "support" etc.

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi the best is to ask your local rep, just having us other mention what we think is probably not really useful. To me, they have explained that a 4.0a will come soon, 4.1 this autumn, for me this is sufficient. Support/maintenance is not only new releases, its also access to "support" etc. Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.